- Excitement is when you see your book on the shelves of the major bookshops.
- Excitement is when I find yet another book on the Bayeux tapestry that I’ve not read.
- Excitement is yet another cute pair of shoes.
- Excitement is hearing your classes are full to overflowing in upcoming events!!!
- Excitement is getting photos from your students of completed projects!!!!
The book I purchased is called "A Needle in the right hand of God." by R. Howard Bloch. The inside cover states
" THE BAYEUX TAPESTRY is the world’s most famous textile – an exquisite 230 foot long embroidered panorama depicting the events surrounding the Norman Conquest of 1066. it is also one of history’s most mysterious and compelling works of art. This haunting stitched account of the battle that redrew the map of medieval Europe has inspired dreams of theft, waves of nationalism, visions f limitless power, and aesthetic rapture. In this fascinating new book, Yale Professor R. Howard Bloch reveals the history, the hidden meaning, the deep beauty, and the enduring allure of this astonishing piece of cloth."
One Comment Add yours
Just another note on the Norman Invasion. William took 3000 stallions over to England on the boats as war horses. Now you put 2 stallions together and they fight, how did he manage 3,000?