I saw an idea in a shop on my travels and I did a few sketches to add to a quilt.
I don't know where it is going, but this is the beginning….
1. I printed out an A4 vintage print onto ink jet printable fabric.
2. I've gathered together fabrics that are in the "Vintage" genre……
3. I added a few other prints for interest. They are placed on the background fabric and the vintage fabric print I made has a sticky back and will join all the pieces together.
I haven't added any fusible web to any of the pieces yet.
4. I found a wonderful print in my stash that can be used as Broderie Perse. on the bottom part of the quilt.
5. I fused the back of the image, and cut it out carefully…. In fact, I had to cut off a lot of interesting lines flowing down from his feathers, but those lines will be quilted in.
6. I ironed it to the quilt and I need to balance the picture by placing another Broderei Perse picture on the right hand side….
I think I will just add some flowers….
Following that, I will lay a sheet of tracing paper over the entire image and create an overlay applique using the little illustration of birds I've shown in the beginning.
The quilting will play a big part in this quilt…. I love those feathers, I can follow the pattern and quilt them to enhance the bird even more.
But that's about all I can concentrate on tonight…. all in all, it's taken about three quarters of an hour…..!!! so far.