Block No 1.
I quilted the small quilt with smoke Monofilament on the top…..( I prefer YLI monofilament.)
I used Masterpiece 50 weight cotton on the back, warm and natural cotton batting and a 60/8 sharp needle.
To begin with a forgot to change needles and I had a microtex needle in the machine… when I changed to the fine sharp needle, there was a huge difference in the way the needle went through the fabric.
The quilt shrank 1/8th" and of course the outline is a little more wavy after the quilting. I could block it I suppose, but I think the naivety is fine.
I've left several inches of fabric around the block because I'm going to stretch the quilt over a small canvas frame. All the little quilts will be finished this way, by the end of the year, I should have a small exhibition.
The back of the quilt… however, this will be hidden when it's attached to the canvas frame.