Lesson
Comments 3

Challenge No 9. – adding to the Aggies theme. Completed.

IMG

I've enjoyed doing this project… It's was a little fiddly to get all the green images in place, but it looks quite realistic now that it's finished.

And the background is growing on me.

I mentioned I had difficulty with the purple fabric… however I think I've managed to disguise the white halo with purple Tsukineko ink by gently illustrating the edges of the applique piece after it was appliquilted.

I didn't want to quilt the buds too much because I wanted them to stand out a little… they are quilted around the edge of the applique and just a little t define the petals.

I've used 50 weight Masterpiece cotton, the rest of the quilt is 100% cotton.

I did illustrate a little, but quite minimally… I used fabric pens and inktense pencils.

It's already in the bag ready to leave.

3 Comments

  1. It is, isn’t it… I quilted vertically to follow the lines of the flower… and it has added a lot of interest to the background…
    I’m so surprised that Tilly was able to draw a picture similar to the photo and the quilt…!!! I’m keeping it to add to the exhibition.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s