Leave a Comment

Challenge No 15 in the process.


I've finished the lilies for challenge No 15. The lilies are free standing.

I added batting and backing and first stitched around the edge with a mono filament thread. I use smoke on the top and a grey 50 weight cotton on the back of the quilt.


Free motion sewing, this image is of the back of the quilt.


The outline is in grey Mono filament. Then filled in with thread painting following the colors on the image.

I finished the edge with a small zig zag. 1.4 and 1.4 matching the colors.

Now for the leaf. !!!!!




 These are images that I took in 2008 at the home of Frida Khalo.

I've created an applique from this image and used it for several projects.


…. then it will be completed

This entry was posted in: Lesson


I travel the world teaching and talking. Photographing and writing, Sharing experiences What a way to go.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s