As a tutor, I need to update my class samples and I just don't have enough hours in the day… however, preparing notes for the collage class I decided to add another dimension to collage and I played around with this quilt.
I created the image of the zebra on paper and made a pattern.
I wanted it to be really bright and in fact I used a bunch of Thai silk fabrics graduating the colors for the stripes… but it just didn't have enough punch, so I used a graduated fabric and I think it looks great.
I had the background fabric in my stash and it was a fluke that the colors matched… so I didn't really have to add a lot of collage pieces to create a picture.
This is the way it has to stay until I get back… but it's interesting…
I can do some super quilting on the background…..!!!
3 Comments Add yours
Love the look of this work Pam. I really like how you have thought outside the box for the zebra. Great choice of fabric.
Cannot wait to see the quilting. Unquilted it is very nice.