I had a busy day yesterday catching up on business and emails. Sometimes I procrastinate too long. It's easy to do that when you're on the road… you sort of have an excuse, but then I have to face the backlog.
So if you are one of those students that have waited a few weeks for an email, sorry.
But I've done it now.
I finished the Christmas shopping as well yesterday. I hate those supermarkets with frosty the snowman jingling in the background.
For the past 8 weeks I've favored the arm I broke last year and let Keith lift the cases…. then I had to lug a darn big turkey up the stairs… it was a mammoth achievement.
OK, to the quilt.
I've finished the immediate background quilting, I'm really happy with it and I added applique from the spare fabric. It softens the base of the picture… I will quilt and applique it with smoke mono filament thread, I don't want the border quilting to take away from the main image of the Aggy.
I'm going to make 2 or 3 dimensional aggy leaves like these…. why don't I just create some and applique them… well I like the shadow effect…. MMMM, I suppose I could illustrate the shadow, but I like the textural feel of dimensional leaves.
I used 50 weight Superior Masterpiece thread and one of their new top stitch organ needles.