Each day when I have a little time to spare, I do a little quilting on the collage…The essence of the project allows it to be heavily quilted and embroidered.I've added a couple of images to share on the blog.The cactus was originally cut from the base fabric… and by that I mean the fabric I cut the image of Frida from. I placed fusible web on the back of the fabric and cut out the image of the cactus. It was then ironed onto the base of the collage.I stitched it down with a thread the same as the printed image… however it looked flat. So I illustrated with black thread and added the prickles. I went over the edge several times… just as you would do if you were illustrating with a pen.
A continuation of the Frida Collage