I finished this gal today. In fact I finished the quilting early this morning but the final touches took the rest of the day.
Why did I have to make an entirely new sample when I have the entire quilt? …. well the original quilt is on exhibition right now and in reality, I needed a sample of my own….. so here she is.
The finishing is tedious.
I decided to stitch in black about 1/8th of an beyond the edge of the applique image. I figured that I would cut right next to the stitching line and then satin stitch like last time…
We in reality it didn't work out too well and I just ended up cutting it a little less that 1/8th of an inch… the stitching on the applique actually held it down quite well. My aim was to compress the batting prior to satin stitching.
I satin stitched twice around the border, the thread broke a dozen times.. I was getting pretty annoyed. But I did it and it's ready for Houston.
I'm imagining a scene. People made in this method. Free standing and each a quilt in their own right… I think it would look super. The mind boggles.