Working on the small Bosham Church Project.
I've done this a little differently to my original quilt..
I decided to try a small blanket stitch. No 45 on the Janome Horizon, 1.4 stitch width, 1.5 stitch length. It looks OK, but I don't like it much. It's not as neat as I would like it to be.
By that I don't mean the Janome stitch which is fabulous… but the overall appearance and for the Original Quilt I need precision stitching.
I'm quilting the background on the turquoise in the same manner as I did on the main quilt. A random cross hatch.
I marked the fabric with a white marker….. approximately every 1"… that gives me a rough guide for the stitch line, it's easy to end up sideways……!!!! I want it to have movement. The whole Bayeux Tapestry is "wobbly" so I figure straight lines distract from the basic images.
When I get to the edge of the main applique, I often go around it…. (the roof for example on this piece) and in this case I have done so. I have a few tricks for covering stitches that skip off the edge and take your eye…"OOOh I've missed that part"
Once I've finished the vertical lines I will cross hatch.
The border will be quilted in circles like the roof of the Church. (free-motion)