Its been 2 months since I worked physically on my project.
I had a panel of the applique prepared, but its been really hot while I’ve been away and I imagine the studio became hot and dry.
I got out the prepared applique today and found that the glue was very dry and when I put it onto the background it slipped all over the place… not tacky as normal.
Being tacky the fusible allows me to place all the pieces down and then I press it as a piece.
I had a whole panel ready to put down and it was going to take a lot longer if I had to iron each piece down.
The thought occurred to me to re-heat the glue…. voila, it worked…. the backing glue became tacky again and I was able to place it as usual.
One Comment Add yours
Thank you for telling us that … I am sure that little snippet will come in useful one day in the not too distant future! There are so many things we learn as we work, no matter how much knowledge we have to start with.