We haven’t finished our new web page yet, but I’ve received a lot of requests for information about our tours. So, I’ve decided to add details about the following three tours to our current web page and make it available for those who are interested. If you need more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at email@example.com
Embark on a fascinating South India tour from October 15th to October 30th 2023.
Our experienced tour guide and textile cultural mentor, Govind Agrawal, will be your leader. Accompanying us will be Pam Holland, a renowned textile artist, photographer, author, and international tutor who is also an avid collector of exquisite fabrics.
Prepare yourself for an unforgettable adventure!
Shivaji Museum in Mumbai.
Mumbai Fish Market
Dhobi Ghat Mumbai
Tiffin carriers Mumbai
- Commence the journey in Mumbai and explore the lively city, including a visit to the iconic Shivaji Museum.
- We will visit the early morning fish market.
- Visit the world-famous dhobi ghat laundry.
- View the Tiffin lunch delivery service.
- Proceed to Cochin, the first stop for European traders.
- Watch a traditional Kathakali dance performance.
- This tour will include visits to the Jewish synagogue.
- Mattancherry Palace.
- St Francis Church
- Chinese fishing nets.
- We will also enjoy a tuk-tuk ride in the Fort Kochi area and enjoy lunch by the ocean.
- We will have the opportunity to shop for famous crafts of the region.
- Spend a peaceful night on a traditional houseboat in the serene Backwaters of Kerala. This will be a unique opportunity to experience local life and interact with the people along the way.
- We will visit a spice plantation to learn about exotic spices and their unique qualities.
- Participate in a yoga and meditation session and opt for an Ayurveda massage.
- Enjoy the Kalaripayattu show, a traditional martial art form.
- Embark on a boat ride at Lake Periyar, where you may have the opportunity to spot various wildlife and bird species.
- Join a tea plantation tour and visit a tea factory to observe how tea leaves are processed.
- Explore the local spice market to witness the daily trading of spices by the locals.
- Indulge in a cooking demonstration of authentic South Indian cuisine.
- Visit the famous Madurai flower market.
- Witness the Aarti ceremony at Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
- Learn about the textiles of Madurai.
- You can even have garments made at one of the textile shops.
- Visit the Gandhi Memorial Museum and check out the government Khadi store for fabric.
- Explore local markets.
- The stunning temples in Thanjavur.
- We will visit Chettinad to see the historic mansions of wealthy families past.
- A guided tour of Brihadeeshwara Temple.
- Thanjavur Palace and the Art Gallery.
- Visit Darasuram, the Unesco World Heritage site of the Airavatesvara temple, known for its exceptional art and architecture.
- The tour culminates with a splendid panoramic view of Chennai.
Cost USD 5750 Double Occupancy/ add USD 1320 for single supplement.
- Our tour package includes top-notch hotel accommodations and meals.
- Breakfast is provided every day, and selected lunches and dinners are provided.
- For your comfort, we provide luxurious buses equipped with various drinks and snacks to satisfy your cravings during the journey.
The experience of travelling includes:
- Learning about different cultures.
- Taking informal breaks for coffee and discussion.
- Visiting people along the way.
The package includes domestic flights, making it a hassle-free journey.
“You come as at traveller, return as friends, and come back as family.”
Things we experienced as we travelled.
Second cooking class
Visiting the Tea plantation
Flower Market Madurai and Meenashki Temple.
Beautiful old houses and places to stop.
We stop and give small bags of toiletries to and gifts to people we meet.
A guided tour of Brihadeeshwara Temple.
Visit the silk weaving villages.
Brass moulding and Art Galleries.