If you need more information, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Pam Holland, Textile Artist, Photographer, International Tutor and Govind Agrawal Tour Guide Extraordinaire, on a textile tour of Rajasthan and Gujarat to experience the region’s rich cultural heritage.
The Tour will take place from November 19th to December 8th, 2023.
Pushkar Camel Fair
Pujah and Arti Ceremony. Pushkar Lake.
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
- You will visit the famous camel fair at Pushkar, a National Geographic photography opportunity and experience. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- And then, you will experience a holy puja ceremony and Arti ceremony at the Sacred Pushkar Lake.
- In Jaipur, participate in workshops led by local artists to learn about block printing, Kantha quilting, and textiles.
- Take a tour of the stunning Amber Fort with an elephant ride.
- Explore local markets and discover extraordinary finds, such as fabric, textiles, wood carvings, antiques, bangles, and artwork.
- Visit a Carpet Weaving Factory and witness the process firsthand.
- Learn from master artisans in workshops on block printing and dyeing.
- Visit Udaipur, Pichola Lake, near the city palace, and the famous Jagmandir Island Palace.
- In Gujarat, you will explore local villages to witness diverse textile demonstrations such as mirror work, Rali quilt making, Ajrakh dyeing, and printing.
- We will drop by the Khadi weaving centre and outlets to buy the fabric.
- Also, visit the Patola weavers and attend the Kalamkari workshop. (traditional painting on fabric)
- You can also explore the LLDC Museum of Textiles and the Saras Museum of Textiles—world-renown museums.
- Enjoy a wild ass safari in the Rann of Kutch, see the flamingos, and meet the families living on the salt lake.
- Sample the local food and flavours.
- Witness over 15 different textile crafts in this remarkable journey.
Cost USD 5900 Double Occupancy/ add USD 1400 for single supplement.
If you choose to add the Agra tour, it will be an additional $500
19 nights Rajasthan and Gujarat plus three nights Delhi Agra option total of 22 nights from Delhi to Ahmadabad
- First-class accommodation or resorts.
- Breakfast is provided every day, and selected lunches and dinners.
- For your comfort, we provide a luxurious motor coach and driver equipped with various drinks and snacks to satisfy your cravings during the journey.
- You will have a unique experience encompassing various aspects of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- The package comprises all taxes and round-trip transfers to and from the hotel.
- Join Pam Holland’s textile and photography classes.
- Govind’s in-depth explanations throughout the Tour will give you an excellent insight into the history and culture of the areas we visit.
The experience of travelling includes:
- Learning about different cultures.
- Taking informal breaks for coffee and discussion.
- Visiting people along the way.
City Palace Udaipur
Visit villages in the countryside.
There is so much to share, and yes, we are doing much more than this, so these images are to wet your appetite.
Optional extension of Delhi, Agra before the Tour
Included in the package.
- You will fly from the USA or Australia to Delhi on Nov 14th or 15th. Exciting times are ahead in India!
- On November 16th, after arriving in Delhi,
- After breakfast, we’ll meet with the tour guide and board a luxurious private motor coach to explore New Delhi, the capital city of India. Rashtrapati Bhawan, the official residence of the president of India, and the India Gate, a memorial honouring Indian soldiers who lost their lives during the Afghan war.
- We’ll also take a rickshaw ride through old Delhi.
- We’ll visit a beautiful Sikh temple and learn about Sikhism and its rituals.
- Walk in the gardens of the Qutab Minar, the oldest monument in Delhi and one of the most well-known landmarks in the world.
- On November 18th, after breakfast, we will leave our hotel and head to Agra.
- Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal, where our guide will take us on an informative tour.
- We’ll also get to see Agra’s famous marble inlay craft during our visit. Later that evening, we’ll have a pleasant dinner together at the hotel. The meals included for the day are breakfast and dinner.
- On November 19th, we will begin the day with a visit to the Red Fort of Agra after breakfast.
- Visit a renowned art center, where we’ll witness a Gold Thread embroidery demonstration and view exquisite gold-embroidered tapestries.
- We’ll drive to Jaipur and arrive in the evening to check into the Jaipur Marriott Hotel.